Cyanotypes by ellie berry

Last week I submitted the Alternative Processes project I've been working on. I realised that Friday that I hadn't scanned 90% of the prints I had done. So here are a couple of the the Cyanotypes I made - my scanner is horrendous. It left streaks all over the pages. Anyway, here we go! 

The images above are the three final images I submitted. Originally, they were all shot on Illford 400 XP(5?) in black and white (they're actually part of my Luas series). For these images, I wanted to recreate the idea of wiping away a patch of the window to be able to look out onto the outside world. 

The above a a couple of my work prints and how I progressed to my "wiped glass" effect. 

Working with Negatives by ellie berry

So much to post and so little time. 
I've spent a week in Berlin, photographed the Irish Youth Lead Climbing Championship - and on the same weekend, gone through 48hrs with only 3 and a half hours sleep. I've been accepted by the Estonian Art Academy (YAY!) to go study there from this coming January until the end of May, and I have a project due in a week with no final images. 

So this is just a catch-up, and a post to show some negatives I've made of some of my Luas photos to use in Alternative Processes (I actually printed them today, but the prints were too wet to bring home).